Saturday, December 16, 2017

Christmas has come early!

This blog isn't about any miniatures I made, but about a parcel I got yesterday.
I'd expected it for a while and was looking forwards to finally see all the wonderful handmade miniatures I'd find inside :)



Everything inside was made by my dear friend and very talented miniaturist Kim from Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo.


I can't begin to tell you how happy I was, when I got to open each little item ;)
Photo's don't do them justice but I want to show you anyway ^^


First of all, those gorgeous Kneazles. I can't even begin to express how much I adore them. So cute, I would cuddle them all day if I wasn't afraid I'd loose them somewhere :') For those of you who don't know what a Kneazle is, it's a cat-like magical animal from the Harry Potter universe.
I think Bianca and Penny will have to make a trip to the Magical Petshop because these cuties will definately be living in the Hogsmeade cottage, whenever that will be finished (a)



The bookstand is made for little Penny. She'll love it!! It's even more wonderful than I expected, so glad I can finally see that amazing 'tree-work' for real 🙂
Some little twig branches are sticking out of the side of the bookstand, they are handy to hang a little potion bottle or some herbs.


For now let's pretend this is the front door of the cottage. Parcels delivered by owls, the Kneazles waiting for Bianca and Penny to return :)


The blackbird is so very tiny and yet realistic, I can't believe it. I needed to put on my magnifying glasses to even see it.


That cheeky Mandrake made me smile, so happy with that.


And then, last but not least, the apple baking board. I've loved it from the moment I saw it in the Etsy shop shop and it will look great in the cottage kitchen.

I am as happy as a clam at high water:)
As soon as the holiday season is over, I want to start working on the cottage for real. I feel very inspired ^^

So, I hope you've enjoyed looking at these photo's. If you want to see more of Kim's miniatures, you should definitely visit her Etsy shop.


2 comments:

  1. Aw thanks Arlette! Those kneazles were a headache 😂 But I'll keep practicing!! Everything looks lovely in its new home, the stand looks beautiful with the book from Marike'sMagicalMiniatures and the potion bottle ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Kim [/late] ;) It's well deserved ^^ The Kneazles are perfect already (says everyboday who sees them :P) but I definately support you making more furred and feathered animals :)

      Delete